How Can You Tell That A White Fish Has Ich

Fia

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i don't have a white fish, but I'm looking at a white opal Betta for the future and I was thinking, if ich is white and your fish is completely white how can u tell if they have it, will you just have to monitor them and if you see your fish throwing its self against stuff you will just have to hope for the best and guess?

MikeRad89

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Doesn’t matter what color it is. If the fish looks like you rolled it in a bowl of salt, it has ich.

oldsalt777

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fia said:
i don't have a white fish, but I'm looking at a white opal Betta for the future and I was thinking, if ich is white and your fish is completely white how can u tell if they have it, will you just have to monitor them and if you see your fish throwing its self against stuff you will just have to hope for the best and guess?
Hello Fia...

If the fish is stressed and constantly rubbing itself on things in the tank, it may be infected. Just gradually increase the amount of water you change and do a good job of vacuuming the bottom material. If you have a parasite infection, then there will be some living in the substrate. Keep the tank water very clean. It's difficult for parasites to live in pure water conditions.

Old

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fia,

Gotta go with @MikeRad89 and @oldsalt777 on this one. the fish will brush things like its trying to scratch an itch (cause it is) and it will look like you did a salt battering of it to fry it up.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I had a silver Molly that showed signs of ich after 3 days. Ich usually attacks the softest areas so the fins will be a target. You should be able to see it there.

If not, turn of all lights, and use a flashlight. That should almost highlight the ich.

Fia

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you for your feed back! I was thinking the same thing

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom