How can you go about getting an article here edited?

I was looking up some info on species to see water compatibility and noticed in the Inca Snail/Mystery Snail article it has them listed as herbivores/algae eaters. But they are actually omnivores and scavengers and a protein is really important to their diet. Yes, a vegetable like zucchini is good since it's high in calcium but algae is more of a spot filler for them. A good diet would be high in both calcium and protein. (The reason I care so much is because I actually lost my first mystery snail because -before doing research- I had been told they just needed algae, she had a shorter lifespan and for the 2nd part of her life had a horrible cleft in her shell because of the lack of calcium and protein in her diet. I still feel really guilty about that.)

Solution
I really wish there was a way for people to edit articles and care guides and have the edits approved, Wikipedia style. A lot of the articles and care guides have outdated or incorrect information. And that isn't anyone's fault, over time common knowledge grows. But also a few of the member articles are just... bad. I won't name any specific ones for obvious reasons, but some of them are just really poorly written and hard to read. I've considered offering to write new ones to replace some of them.
I was looking up some info on species to see water compatibility and noticed in the Inca Snail/Mystery Snail article it has them listed as herbivores/algae eaters. But they are actually omnivores and scavengers and a protein is really important to their diet. Yes, a vegetable like zucchini is good since it's high in calcium but algae is more of a spot filler for them. A good diet would be high in both calcium and protein. (The reason I care so much is because I actually lost my first mystery snail because -before doing research- I had been told they just needed algae, she had a shorter lifespan and for the 2nd part of her life had a horrible cleft in her shell because of the lack of calcium and protein in her diet. I still feel really guilty about that.)

I ran into a situation a while ago where I found some information in an article that contrasted with what I had observed, so I left a comment explaining. Mike did have to unlock the article first because discussions and articles are automatically locked if they go a certain amount of time with no activity, and that was the case with that article.

I really wish there was a way for people to edit articles and care guides and have the edits approved, Wikipedia style. A lot of the articles and care guides have outdated or incorrect information. And that isn't anyone's fault, over time common knowledge grows. But also a few of the member articles are just... bad. I won't name any specific ones for obvious reasons, but some of them are just really poorly written and hard to read. I've considered offering to write new ones to replace some of them.

Solution

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom