How can I turn off viewing sigs?

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got some help from Tom (thanks again Tom), but even after changing my profile setup to not see signatures, saving the change, leaving the forum & signing back on, they're still there, even though the change was successfully made in my profile. Am I missing a step somewhere, or is the option of turning them off not functional?

Here's my current setup:

50.jpg

Thanks

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you click the change profile button and it saves then it should stay saved, if not ask Mike.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just added a new board where members can create a post to highlight what's in their tanks. Then they can link to the post in their signatures. Read here:

If you have any questions, post them under my "Directions" post and I'll answer them there.

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
atmmachine said:
If you click the change profile button and it saves then it should stay saved, if not ask Mike.
Hi. I did do that - the change profile button. Then I logged off & closed the forum, opened it again, logged back in, checked my profile & it had saved the change, but it made no difference at all - I still see all the sigs. Mike - any ideas?

Edit - great idea on the new board Mike!

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This forum software does funny things from time to time... You could also try to log off the forum, clear your temp files (In your browser, click on Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files, or something similar depending on which browser you're using, Clear your cookies too) then log back in to see if it made a difference.    If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what's going on.  Hopefully, folks will use the new board for their sigs.

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I'll clean out my browser temp files & cookies - that's possibly why it doesn't take effect. But I'll do it in the morning - I have to get up at 4:30am for work & I'm fading fast tonight!

Terry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike. Nothing worked, but it's OK, no big deal.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hopefully everyone will start using the "Member's Tanks" board and update their signatures to point to their aquarium info on that board.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom