How can I still save him? http://imgur.com/k56AWFY

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Joonas674, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Joonas674New MemberMember

Im in a bit of a rush with my life and this situation.
    Is there any way that I can still save this swordtail fish. He is the last of his kind in my aqarium and he is probably the fift generation or something like that.
    Is it a tumor or is it just something bacterial. He has slowly been aproaching this point for about a month.

Link is in the title. Mobile didnt let me paste here..

2. Quibbles

QuibblesValued MemberMember

Hi... I don't think there is too much hope at this point. Honestly I belive that your issue is either false NTD or NTD. I encountered it once in my 30 gallon. the spine looks bent, and the stomach swelling is quite extreme. I hope your fish gets better, and sometimes fish can surprise us.

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I'm sorry that this issue is your first post here on Fishlore.

I think he's beyond saving. I'd humanely euthanize him to end his suffering. I'm sorry :(

4. OP
    OP
    J

Joonas674New MemberMember

Thank you for the responses. I usually get these things sorted out on my own, but this situation is just extreme..

5. OP
    OP
    J

Joonas674New MemberMember

13445907_1061326617279303_1489030931_o.jpg
    Iz still alive!

6. Skyy2112

Skyy2112Valued MemberMember

Eating good? If not try hand feeding? Perhaps a treat. (Just to keep his energy up)

7. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I know you don't want to hear this, but I would really euthanize him. He most likely won't be coming back from this, and he seems to be very uncomfortable/unhappy.

8. Sarah73

Sarah73Fishlore VIPMember

Yes I agree:( it looks like bad bloat with a bent spine. Use clove oil to put him to sleep peacefully. Here's how you do it.  

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice