How can I sell my freshwater fish at a store "not online"?

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have all my freshwater fish that i want to sell. Petsmart annd Petco wont take them. I dont want to sell online because of the weather, the price of shipping and the stess it will put on me and the fish.

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
stand outside Petsmart annd Petco and as customers walk in to buy fish grab them tell them you have better quality and cheaper fish for sale i'm sure Petsmart annd Petco will take them off your hands then!!! ;D

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hmmmm... Sounds like a plan LOL. I dont want petco or petsmart to take my fish anyway. They may try to kill them. I may ask the place that I bought the salwater fish from if they can take tem

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Try and see if there is a local aquarium club.
Tom

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
Try and see if there is a local aquarium club.
Tom
I like Tom's idea. If you sell or trade your fish to local hobbyists, you know they will be well taken care of. You can also try selling your fish to the mom and pop fish stores, but don't be shocked when you get pennies for them.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucky for me, there is this one guy who will take and trade any of my fish for either plants or some more fish. He is the one who tookk my serpae tetras after they harrassed my fish and my columbian shark who got to big and ate a few of my fish. So far he is the only one that I've seen that sells discus as well.
Tom

Sarcastic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could also try your local Craigslist. A bit spooky, though, because you might wind up with someone who's not really able to care for your fish and kills them all. Like PetCo.

Tom's idea is the best.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I been thinking of that site. Tomorrow I am going to call natured cove and see what they say

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom