How Can I Raise Brine Shrimp From Eggs To Become Adults For Feeding My Fish?

FishSmart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello you may have seen my other forum about how I wanted to change from flake feedings to live feedings like brine shrimp, blood worms and stuff like that. So I came down to wanting to maybe make a hatchery...

Using plastic bottles, lamp, tubing, pump, brine shrimp eggs, salt, and baking soda. And put them in and start the process but when they hatch what do I do from there? I kinda wanted them to get a little bit bigger because I’m not feeding fry i’m feeding adult tropical fish.

Will I need another tank or do I just get a container and put them in the fridge as the grow? I don’t know what to do from after they hatch, help please!

I’m new to the brine shrimp hatchery process.
Also: Any good brine shrimp egg recommendations?

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you check out Joey's hatchery on youtube? He has a slick setup sounds like similar to what you have. However there are some other vids on there where people have migrated the hatched eggs to a 10 gallon tank. I have toyed with the idea but i personally havent built a brine shrimp holding tank yet.

FishSmart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
NavyChief20 said:
Did you check out Joey's hatchery on youtube? He has a slick setup sounds like similar to what you have. However there are some other vids on there where people have migrated the hatched eggs to a 10 gallon tank. I have toyed with the idea but i personally havent built a brine shrimp holding tank yet.
I will have to check him out but the thing is is that I wanted to hatch them in the bottles and then I wanted them to grow a little bigger, so that my adult fish have a better meal. But I don’t know what to do from the time they hatch like do you know where to put them? Fridge, freezer, or I do have a spare 10 gallon tank but I don’t know how to set the tank up for brine shrimp...

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hatchery:

Grow out tank:

Looks like it is pretty easy but Im sure it is like anything else there are some taxing issues.

FishSmart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
NavyChief20 said:
Hatchery:

Grow out tank:

Looks like it is pretty easy but Im sure it is like anything else there are some taxing issues.
Okay thank you I think I might get my 10 gallon and do some more research on how to grow them out a bit larger.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom