How Can I Make a DIY Aquarium PVC Cave?

eric8055
I have all the items needed to make the cave
aquarium silicone, gravel to use to cover the pvc , I am going to use black gravel since my background is black and I want it to blend in with it,
So what are the steps to do it?

Advertisement
Berylla
I have all the items needed to make the cave
aquarium silicone, gravel to use to cover the pvc , I am going to use black gravel since my background is black and I want it to blend in with it,
So what are the steps to do it?

Bury the PVC pipe a quarter way in the substrate. That's it. No silicon.

eric8055
i'm not using substrate in my tank, its bare bottom

Drakkenfyre
Pretty much just glue the gravel to the PVC. Make sure the gravel is clean first (rinse it until the water is clear) and make SURE the silicone is aquarium-safe. Nothing meant for kitchen or bathrooms, as they usually have an anti-mold agent in it. Let the gravel air dry.

Rinse the PVC. If you want to make sure the silicone sticks better, you can sand it down first. Rinse again really well afterwards if you do. Wipe some silicone onto the PVC, and gently smooth it evenly over the surface. Then place the gravel on it. You can do this one at a time, or slowly pour it on, and then fill in gaps afterwards. Depending on the size of the PVC pipe, you could also pour some into a clean tray, and roll the pipe in the gravel, and touch up the gaps, too.

Let the silicone cure (usually 24 hours, follow the instructions on the package.)

With that much weight on it, it should sink by itself.

eric8055
ok thanks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nuah
Replies
Views
Codyandme1
Replies
Views
peacemaker92