How can I light a 125 gallon tank?

Arkodios

I recently upgraded my tank to a 125-gallon aquarium. It is great but it is 72" long which is proving itself to be difficult in lighting the tank. I am currently using the stock fluorescent lighting which is resulting in plants melting back. I'm thinking of using two 24" fixtures, which I'm hoping will provide enough light for the tank if I have them a bit raised. My tank plants are primarily Amazon Swords, with some new colonies of Jungle Vallisneria and Cryptocorynes. I do not have CO2 injections but I am using Seachem Flourish root tabs and am going to add botanicals which will eventually break down and kind of function as fertilizer. The other option for lighting is two 36" fixtures, but then I'm scared of algae growth. The 24" fixtures provide 32 watts each for a total of 64 watts while the 36" fixtures provide 46 watts each for a total of 92 watts. I'm a bit limited on money so I'm not sure what to do. I've been searching for answers online but I have not found a definitively convincing answer.

Bwood22

Most 48inch LED lights expand out to 72 inches.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wolf65
Replies
Views
angelcraze
  • Question
Replies
Views
atticussss
Replies