How can I improve the scape?

LHAquatics
I know I need more height which is why I am planning to buy an Amazon sword. What else should I do to improve scape? I will also add a black background.

grac3
can we have a picture of the tank Please?

LHAquatics
grac3 said:
can we have a picture of the tank?
Can not believe I forgot :hilarious:

grac3
oooo i think some long-ish tall-ish piece of driftwood or spider wood would look really cool. you could attach some anubias nana to the wood if you choose to do that :)

marmaaa
A nice piece of wood sloped to the right of the tank "wood" look really good there. Maybe a stem plant in the corners? Water wisteria maybe or bacopa? Kinda like this. The anubias would look good on the wood as well. I love the way anubias petite looks like on wood.

1620102932308.png

JLAquatics
Hi there, I just have another idea for you! :)

762007-256ec0f71be81a20cef9853ae56425f9 copy.png

It is a little hard to follow right now, but I will try my best to explain.
The brown in the middle is a large arched piece of wood that is the same type as the two pieces which you currently got.
Tan is dragon stone. A 20 lb kit would work really nice for your setup and the stone is inert as well.
Aqua is a smaller plant fit for the foreground. However, if you don't have the setup equipped for this then just omit that.
Dark green circles are Cryptocorynes. They are easy plants to care for and look great!
Blue are various easy stem plants you could choose to fill in you aquascape with green, such as the Bacopas, Wisteria, or even Water Sprite.
Light green is the large plants like Swords or Vals for the very back of the tank.
Bonus: You can tie Java Fern and Anubias to the arched wood just like marmaa mentioned for extra texture, both plants are very easy and look nice.

LHAquatics
JLAquatics said:
Hi there, I just have another idea for you! :)

762007-256ec0f71be81a20cef9853ae56425f9 copy.png

It is a little hard to follow right now, but I will try my best to explain.
The brown in the middle is a large arched piece of wood that is the same type as the two pieces which you currently got.
Tan is dragon stone. A 20 lb kit would work really nice for your setup and the stone is inert as well.
Aqua is a smaller plant fit for the foreground. However, if you don't have the setup equipped for this then just omit that.
Dark green circles are Cryptocorynes. They are easy plants to care for and look great!
Blue are various easy stem plants you could choose to fill in you aquascape with green, such as the Bacopas, Wisteria, or even Water Sprite.
Light green is the large plants like Swords or Vals for the very back of the tank.
Bonus: You can tie Java Fern and Anubias to the arched wood just like marmaa mentioned for extra texture, both plants are very easy and look nice.
ughhh, I wish I could do everything you are saying here, but my parents won't let me buy all those things. I am thinking about removing the river rocks and keeping the driftwood. This picture is an old picture and the water isn't this yellow anymore, but the scape is the same. The wood when put upright can make an H shape and therefore adding height. The plants that I am getting are from Petco or Petsmart (only lfs near me) How is this scape?

JLAquatics
My recommendation for filling height is finding a plant called Water Wisteria. They are sold at both Petsmart and Petco. You can buy one for 5-6 bucks and propagate it later on to fill in your setup. Buying fast growing large plants is your best bet for what you are looking for with filling in the scape.

LHAquatics
JLAquatics said:
My recommendation for filling height is finding a plant called Water Wisteria. They are sold at both Petsmart and Petco. You can buy one for 5-6 bucks and propagate it later on to fill in your setup. Buying fast growing large plants is your best bet for what you are looking for with filling in the scape.
Yea, I was thinking about them too.

Fahn
More dynamic pieces of hardscape are less likely to be lost among plant growth.

LHAquatics
look what I found :D

LHAquatics
How about now?
What plants should I get?

grac3
maybe some vallisneria behind the wood?

marmaaa
LHAquatics said:
How about now?
What plants should I get?
Rotala always looks good in any tank imo. They grow relatively fast once established. Root tabs and decent light will be perfect too.

LHAquatics
My lfs has some pearlweed that I really liked. Can I put them somewhere?

marmaaa
LHAquatics said:
My lfs has some pearlweed that I really liked. Can I put them somewhere?
Yup! Pearlweed will go crazy under good conditions. They can grow nice and tall in a nice bush or you can trim it as a carpet.

blushrimp1
Any kind of crypt is a great addition. They are low-light and easy to grow. There are green versions and bronze, and red. I've just recently found a few spiralis crypt plants which get about 12" tall, a good background plant.

Latest threads

Top Bottom