Help how can i improve my tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow! I think you have a wonderful tank! I certainly wish I could aquascape like that! Good job!!!!! Um, let me see . . . . . .I don't know if you have room, but a little school of neon tetras might look cool. Your profile says you don't know about the nitrogen cycle, so here's the link to read about it:https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm I don't really know about plants, but I'm sure that someone else will come along who does. Good luck!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank is absolutely beautiful! I wish mine looked like that.

Are you looking for suggestions on adding fish species?

Where are my manners? Welcome to the Forum!!!

OP
L

lyndonriddle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
thank you very much. i will post what it did look like before. I think it looks good. but something is missing, but i dont know what.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The only thing missing with that tank is it's being placed in my living room..... :whistling:

And maybe a school of cardinal tetras.....

OP
L

lyndonriddle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The cichilds eat all my tetras. It was really easy to aquascape to. just used old wooden sleepers from a train track, cycled them for like 3 months. those are they big logs in there

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!!! and nice tank!!!

Only suggestion I might have is if you could find for mid water species of bright action fish...oops, that the covicts won't eat. Maybe one of the dwarf rainbow fish species.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Your tank is absolutely fabulous! You've done an incredible job aquascaping!

With an 80g tank, you could look at adding a species of aggressive NW cichlid. They'll be able to stand up to the convicts. Hopefully someone will come along with an idea of NW cichlids that won't uproot your plants.

I hope this helps and we're really glad you're sharing your tank with us. It's beautiful!

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore

I think you have done a great job aquascaping. Rather than adding fish perhaps having some kind of red plant as a feature would be the way to go. Placed just off centre a nice red plant would make a very eye catching feature.

Light is not a limiting factor for you with 400w so you could choose anything that will be tough enough to stand up to the attention of the fish. Something like an Ozelot Sword (Echinodorus Ozelot) or a Red Tiger Lotus (Nymphaea Lotus Zenkeri 'Red') would be fantastic.

OP
L

lyndonriddle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank yo guys for the response. I saw a Electric Blue Jack Dempsey the other day and that caught my eye. You think that would hold up against convicts?

I will try get some more plants and Invest in a CO2 generator or just make one. Since everything on the tank is made by me besides the pumps and air pumps.

Hello, I merged your posts since they were back to back. It helps to save a little space on the forum.
Thanks!
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • IDK - never used one before