Question How can I get my Rainbows to color up.

Mosko

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have 2 Red Irian Rainbow fish (at least that's how they were marked in the store). I was told it was 1 female and 1 male. I got them 3 days ago. How can I get them (at least the male) to color up. Their color looks kind of yellowish/pinkish. What can I do for them to get nice color?

OP
M

Mosko

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, Crispii

Will any type of rainbows suffice, or does it have to be the exact same species? Also I feed a variety of flake, pellets and freeze dried brine shrimp. would you recommend anything else?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Mosko said:
Hi, Crispii

Will any type of rainbows suffice, or does it have to be the exact same species? Also I feed a variety of flake, pellets and freeze dried brine shrimp. would you recommend anything else?
Imo, they will do better with the same species, but can coexist with other species of rainbows. Upon reading your thread, I notice that you have the rainbows for three days. Just be patient as the male hasn't completely settle in yet.

OP
M

Mosko

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you, I guess I'll be back here if they don't color up sometime soon.

Stuart Wetherbe

Reaction score
Irians can take quite a while for their colors to mature. I'm talking at least year or more.

tuggerlake26

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, be patient. If it's only been three days they're probably still adjusting to the new environment. :)

The variety of foods will help, too.

New Threads