How Bright Should My Lights Be?

RickyRicardo1838

20180228_081514.jpg

20180228_081502.jpg

20180228_081309.jpg

20180228_081345.jpg
I have a 38 gallon bowfront aquarium, with some new galaxyhydro lights. They have a switch for white lights, and the other switch for the full spectrum lights. Both switches can be adjusted on the percentage of brightness. I plan on getting corals but what is the best setting for corals to grow. I have the lights 14 inches above the tank. The tank itself is 26 inches tall

Triston Wasmund
Hi! Sorry I can't answer your questions, as I am no coral or saltwater expert but I do have a question for you. I see that white rock stuff with holes in it in the tank, and was wondering what type of rock it is. I bought a small piece of it from my LFS and I don't know what it is.

RickyRicardo1838
rugerjr
What did you end up setting them to? I know these don’t put out near 165 watts until they are turned way up. But they will burn anything at that wattage. Unless they are hung up high to project a wider Ray. I hope all went well. I had these but I went to metal halide on that tank because I couldn’t get it adjusted. I have the AI Prime HD on my main tank with a T5 supplement light. The corals really love it. I’m pushing 63 watts between my two AI Prime HDs and 28 out of the T5.

Latest threads

Top Bottom