How Bright Should My Lights Be?

RickyRicardo1838

You must be registered to see images
I have a 38 gallon bowfront aquarium, with some new galaxyhydro lights. They have a switch for white lights, and the other switch for the full spectrum lights. Both switches can be adjusted on the percentage of brightness. I plan on getting corals but what is the best setting for corals to grow. I have the lights 14 inches above the tank. The tank itself is 26 inches tall

Aqua Hands

(Btw this should be in the equipment section. Not trying to step on your toes. )
What type of corals are you getting?

RickyRicardo1838

Oh ok thank you, I wasn't sure where to post it. I'm panning on getting LPS corals.

Triston Wasmund

Hi! Sorry I can't answer your questions, as I am no coral or saltwater expert but I do have a question for you. I see that white rock stuff with holes in it in the tank, and was wondering what type of rock it is. I bought a small piece of it from my LFS and I don't know what it is.

rugerjr

What did you end up setting them to? I know these don’t put out near 165 watts until they are turned way up. But they will burn anything at that wattage. Unless they are hung up high to project a wider Ray. I hope all went well. I had these but I went to metal halide on that tank because I couldn’t get it adjusted. I have the AI Prime HD on my main tank with a T5 supplement light. The corals really love it. I’m pushing 63 watts between my two AI Prime HDs and 28 out of the T5.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LJC6780
Replies
Views
LakeMann
Replies
Views
Bocks
Replies
Views