How big was your first tank?

How big was your first tank?

• Total voters

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
After careful examination I have come to the conclusion that you're radar is a little off. I'm guessing you meant to type this response in the :;z thread and somehow floated off:;ufo to the wrong thread. Just in case your cooking up something though, I'll be keeping an out! lol

So I told my family today that next year I'm planning to go to Long Beach to pick up the tanks and visit the Aquarium while I'm at it. If they want to go, I told them that my main concern are those two things and they are not to get in my way. They said they'll think about it. That was followed by an argument starter of.."TankS! What do you mean tankS? How many you going to get?" I won't tell you what I said, but, the argument was brought to a dead halt lol ;D

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Haha...

You should've started off as 'I'm thinking about getting a tank'
Then 'I think I'd like a larger one'
Then 'It gives me more choice if I have two. One can go (there) and one can go (there)'

Oh wow! Look! I've found this amazing place and they sell them really cheap!!
It's where we used to go on holiday!
How about you come and we make a weekend of it, and I can bring back the tanks?

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sure, why don't you clear your calendar for the 31st if February.

Never mind! I just got that. I'm a little sleep deprived and therefor slow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm trying and failing to understand your comment about the 31st of February...

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Eh... forget about it, it was something else I'd misunderstood.

Tayful

Valued Member
Reaction score
I started with a ten gallon (not counting the bowl and the betta I had when I was three or so). My parents got it for me one year when I was about six years old. I'm fourteen and I still have this tank, but I'm buying a 46 gallon with my own money to give my four little danios a bigger place to live (and get them some more friends, too).

FishnFry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mine was a 25 gallon I got for Mother's Day 6 years ago (and the rest is history).

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My first tank was really a bowl that was about .5-1.5 gallons and held a goldfish. After that, my first true tank was my 36 which is still running today.
Tom

zpecialt

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not counting a few fish bowls that my mother kept well maintained for me with goldfish when I was itty bitty, my first "tank" was a 2 gallon hex. It was home to Mr. Blue, my betta. We upgraded later to 5 and 10 gallons respectively but I haven't had one operational for years until now. It's definitely a soothing hobby that I've missed greatly.

Trpimp147

Valued Member
Reaction score
my first tank was a 75 gal, then I got me a 10 gal haha

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads