How big was your first tank?

How big was your first tank?

• Total voters

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Did I say that? Hmmm... Oh well. Have gone to a couple parties since then. Been with friends a few more times. I have two jobs, and still I love livin' on FishLore! lol

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Cool...
Two jobs, and I can't find just one Been looking for like 2 years now lol

What's happened about your tanks, then? Do you have any yet? =P

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, I've had the small ones for a month now. I went to pick up the 145G last weekend and it turns out the bottom is cracked. I'm not sure I want it now :-\

I just keep running into all these things. I started calling around to local glass shops, maybe someone will make one for me.

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
How far did you go to pick it up?

I could never be bothered with the hassle of someone making one. Would it not be better to buy a brand one? Then you know it'll work, and it has the guarantee and whatnot with it.

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, but with the brand name comes grand price too. As for picking it up, its about a couple of miles from home.

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh well... it was better than going to Las Vegas or whereever the other one was from, and finding out that that one had a crack.

So you're definitely buying a new one? I find the ones you can get second hand are a lot cheaper, have everything you need, and are generally quite good condition. Especially if you're going salt water, you know it's been set up and it works (as in the fish, corals, rocks, whatever are all okay in there.) Branded, with no grand price.

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, I definitely do NOT want that. I want to be able to have control of what I'm getting from the get go. I'm considering it My LITTLE Life Preservation Project. As for the cracked one, it was literally just about a mile or two away. Unfortunately, there are very FEW people who are doing any kind of tanks in the area and so it is difficult to come by and good sized used tanks, new or used. I'm thinking of visiting Vegas in a few weeks to go window shopping. However, I found this site from Long Beach, CA that is selling 180G tanks for $300 (bracing is additional :rolleyes. Still, its cheap. I know that there's it this BIG aquarium place there. We used to go to Long Beach every year. So I'm thinking of doing a weekend trip with my family and bringing back two tanks. Maybe next year.

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose. So, two big tanks now, is it? And I like how you're making excuses to go there. Take your family on a weekend trip... yeah, that'll do. They won't mind sitting on the roof on the way home so the tanks'll fit in the car

Any ideas on what you do want yet?

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Actually, the excuse is to use my father's truck . Still going with my original thought, minI reef. Granted, I didn't know that's what it is called from the get-go, but, that's where I'm headed. As for specifics... all I know for now is that I want to end up with a dragonet.

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is it called a minI reef at all if it's 180 gallons?!

I love mandarinfish... are they the ones you're on about, or a different colour? Trouble is here, the only place I've ever seen that sells marine fish would be a 350+mile round trip from here, which isn't very helpful. The only way to get them is over the internet. And they're really expensive! Stocking two 180g would cost a fortune!

I would have an awful lot of fun choosing though.

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
LoL, considering the size of reefs out in the ocean, six or seven feet of it is MINUTE! lol.

Check out their site.

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
I suppose... I'm loving their 2,000g reef tank though. How long do you reckon it is? I bet I could fit one in my room.

New 45,000 Gallon - 240x240x180 - $2,999,999.00 Heh... I wish I still believed in Santa... He could bring me a house to fit it in too.

So will you be buying the fish and rock and everything from there too? Those prices are good... I'd buy the shop

bmxer193

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Was first tank is still my only tank just a 10 gallon

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
LoL Purple! I don't think I'll be buying much else from them, don't know yet though. And as for santa... go to the alien fish thread lol

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Will do
But seriously... they make tanks 6 x 6 x 4.5m! You'd have to build a whole walk-in aquarium thing and charge the public (and your friends!) to come in.

MagpieTear

Valued Member
Reaction score
Started out with a 20T for my own tank, but that was after speding most of my childhood helping my Dad take care of his 55.

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
purple_phoenix said:
Will do
But seriously... they make tanks 6 x 6 x 4.5m! You'd have to build a whole walk-in aquarium thing and charge the public (and your friends!) to come in.

I don't play well with others. That's why they keep me AWAY from the public lol

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Haha...
It's HIM! Back away slowly.....

So.. who are 'they'? Your captors? Mind controllers? Oh my goodness... Aaron's few brain cells have been modified by brainwashing fish aliens!

bhcaaron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No... just the bosses that are smart enough to realize my potential lol > bwahahahahah

purple_phoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nice try... I've worked out your secret, and there's no hiding it now.

I just have to let everyone ese know before it's too late :O

I shall start by reminding my fish not to get into a stranger's dad's truck even if they bribe them with two very large tanks that are actually my christmas present from the modified brainwashing fish alien's brain cells.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads