How big is big enough?

pickettmills

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have had my 10 gallon tank for 4 months. I have 3 male guppies, one female molly...The molly apparently gave birth to one baby, which I have in a floating clear "crib" I bought from store. It has been about 5 weeks since I discovered the baby and put in the floating container. It is about 7/8" long, including the tail. The mother molly is about 2- 1/4 ", including the tail. I am not sure if she would try to eat the baby...so HOW BIG DOES HE NEED TO BE BEFORE LETTING THE BABY OUT?

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've split your post into reply and its own thread. The way to post a new thread is to find the appropriate sub-forum in the main forum (start from fishlore.com/fishforum), then click the "New Thread" button that's in the upper left corner of the list of threads.
In general, livebearers are safe when their body will no longer fit in the parent's mouth. Of course, the bigger it is, the better. It's also easier to target-feed the fry while it's in its own container.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
...Ive seen you post on other threads and just noticed your Cartman shout out..nice!
Hi Mike, welcome to FishLore! Rather than post a message like this in someone else's thread, you can leave a message on a member's profile

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom