How Big Is Adult Oscar Poop?

• Thread starter kakashi
  • Start date

kakashi

I am interested in keeping an Oscar and a Severum in a 125 Gallon tank. I know that Oscars poop a lot and they are messy fish. My question is how big do their turds get? I ask because I use a for my cleaning and water changes and I got to thinking..."what if Oscars Turds get too big for my sink drain or Python?

So yeah, how big exactly do they get and if they do get too big for pythons and sinks, what do people do? Just have to hand vac into a ?

Also I accidently posted this topic in the Firemouth section and cannot figure out how to delete it. Any help would be appreciated!

joey G

How big are they roughly I had two Oscars a long time ago but the poop wss still small and stringy just like a Molly or other fish my were about 6-8 in each so you should be fine with a python and it can easily go down a drain also don't be alarmed yes the poop is sometimes red if you feed them chiclid pellets

Hope this was helpful

kakashi

joey the fishnut said:
How big are they roughly I had two Oscars a long time ago but the poop wss still small and stringy just like a Molly or other fish my were about 6-8 in each so you should be fine with a python and it can easily go down a drain also don't be alarmed yes the poop is sometimes red if you feed them chiclid pellets

Hope this was helpful
Oh I don't have either of them yet. I was more just worried about what would happen down the road once the Oscar was full grown. I love fish, but if it came down to netting giant thumb sized turds and disposing of them every week then I would prefer to just not get an Oscar lol.

Dawn Michele

Well Known
Hi. My Oscar Big Boy is about 15 inches and he is in a 125. He has some big poop!!! LOL!!! I do 50% water changes every week and the python gets it just fine!!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Think elephant. Lol. But it breaks up.

kakashi

david1978 said:
Think elephant. Lol. But it breaks up.
That's disgusting, but at least it breaks up!

Top Bottom