how big are your plecos?

arbiter1993

Reaction score
post your pleco fish sizes in this thread

my first pleco got to be about 18 inches and it was in a 20 gallon tank. we had to take it back to the fish store to get it exchanged for a smaller one
my second pleco i got about 5 years ago and it ended up about 15 inches long the good thing was that he had a 55 gallon tank this time. unfortunately he died about a month ago
im looking to get another pleco soon because my tanks looking pretty bad without one.

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi! My pleco (Waldo) is almost 6" long. He is in a 20g long, but am trying to get a 90g villa ready for him to move into.
Denise

arbiter1993

Reaction score
hopesmom said:
hi! My pleco (Waldo) is almost 6" long. He is in a 20g long, but am trying to get a 90g villa ready for him to move into.
Denise
how long have you had him

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Actually I have only had him about a month, but he has grown at least 1/4 - 1/2" I would guess, probably because he was so poorly cared for by his previous owners...I wish I had measured Waldo when I got him...like we measure how tall our kids get

arbiter1993

Reaction score
hopesmom said:
Actually I have only had him about a month, but he has grown at least 1/4 - 1/2" I would guess, probably because he was so poorly cared for by his previous owners...I wish I had measured Waldo when I got him...like we measure how tall our kids get 
did you get him at a fish store or from other people?

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
from someone who was giving away their whole tank/fish/everything! someone else had given it to them, and they took it not realizing what a responsibility it was...so, lucky me!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope sorry my dad still hasn't invested in a digital camera yet though my brother and I have got him thinking about it.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Hi all. Mine's still tiny. Had him 2 months and doesn't seem to be growing. Here's a pic next to marbles so you get an idea of the size.

He seems quite happy and everything. Not shy at all. Always out and eating. Loves his piece of driftwood. He just doesn't seem to grow. Ah well.

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Kramer is about a few inches long, I've had him for less than a month.  He is so shy, completely opposite of how Herman was.  He hides in the pirate ship a lot.  A lot of algae in my tank is getting eaten though, so he must make his rounds while I'm sleeping! 

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My pleco, Algy, is about 24cm and i have him for about a year now.

WOW!! Gunnie! That pleco of yours is really impressive!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom