How big are your Angel fish?

1. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I can't believe it, but my angels are 5 inches long and 6 inches tall now

2. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Are you talking body size only or including tails and fins? Would love to see a picture and how long have you had them? Alison:;hi1

3. Justinokay Member Member

Mine are only 3.5 in long and 4.25 tall only cause they are in a small tank. If you give angelfish more room it will grow bigger.

4. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

Tails and fins included

1465499397572.jpg had her for about 14 months now

This one for about 8 months
    [​IMG]

5. Kwig Well Known Member Member

I have no clue how y'all measure them as mine would never sit still if I held a ruler against the tank. Haha. They know I am bringer of food.
    My baby has a body diameter of about a quarter, maybe a bit larger. The bigger juvie is probably 5" tall including fins? Maybe? Lights are on a siesta schedule and off right now or I'd take pics

6. Justinokay Member Member

Nice coloring

I just attach food to the glass and while they nibble I measure.

7. Dave125g Fishlore VIP Member

I stand there for about 20 minutes with an open tape measure. Takes patients, a lot of it lol

8. Justinokay Member Member

That's a way to do it too

9. Kwig Well Known Member Member

This is genius. What food do you have that will attach? My guess would be the other fish would also swarm it. I have to feed the gourami and sajica cichlids before things calm down enough to feed my angels haha

10. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Recently I lost my big angel Maximus. He was a few years old and a veil tail. I never measured him exactly, but I would guess he was at least 6 inches nose to tail and 10+ inches tall with his finnage. His body was the size of my palm (and I have large hands). He was huge, hence the name!

My remaining angel is younger (around a year or less) and probably 5 inches nose to tail and maybe 8 inches tall with finnage? S/he's still growing though!

11. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Aww, sorry to hear about Maximus! I don't know if it's too soon but do you think you'll get another angel?

12. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks. He was a big beautiful angel! I do miss seeing him in the tank.

Not sure if Priscilla (my mother came to visit and named her that haha) will tolerate another angel. Not even sure P is a female, though she's big enough for the experts here to sex her. It's hard to choose the correct sex, and I don't want to go through the QT and introduction processes for multiple angels for unsexed angels.

13. Justinokay Member Member

I give them tetra fun tips tablets, but they're kind of small

14. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

True, adding another one will be a bit tricky. :)