How Are My Ai Hydra 26 Settings For Mixed Reef?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Lighting' started by Vashon Reefer, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Vashon Reefer

Vashon ReeferNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...first post. After several year hiatus I just bought a Red Sea MAX E-Series 170 Rimless Aquarium 45 Gallons with AI Hydra 26 HD LED Light. I am really confused how to set my lights. I get my live rock tomorrow from Tampa Bay and want some thoughts on settings for the AI Hydra 26. I have messed around with the setting and am hoping some of you with deep lighting knowledge can let me know what is good/bad/etc. I am planning on mixed reef with a good amount of SPS. A few fish, but mostly coral. Below is what I have my light set on right now (before anything is in the tank).
    image2.image3.image4.image5.image6.image7.image8.

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,990
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Welcome to Fishlore :)
    That all looks very technical, hope our salty members can help answer your question today

3. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,084
    Experience:
    1 year
    Honestly save yourself the hassle for starters and go with the easy default setup option. They have a default cycle of an 8AM-6PM with a ramp up and ramp down included on a daily basis. I tried playing around with the customization and it was great for freaking out the fish and the corals, but not much good for anything else. I just did this yesterday after getting mine mounted over my 90 gallon and it works great. You can fine tune the intensity of the light on this setting if you so desire but don't have to play around with much else.

Become a Fishlore Member