How aggressive do Green Star Polyps grow?

dboll2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
my friend just bought a piece of rock with a bunch on it

how aggressive does it grow, and about how long does it take for it to grow?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Dboll,

Hopefully you'll get some responses from some of the salt members today.

Ken

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
if everything is good they grow pretty fast and on anything and everything. they can take over a tank rather quickly.

Naeusu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mostly just limit what rock they are growing on (they won't grow on substrate) or to trim them back. You can cut them off the rock since they grow in a mat or you can frag the rock out and replace it with a different one.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
GSP grows quite fast if it's happy. You can cut a piece of the mat and remove it from the rock or from any problem areas. Use a sharp blade, like a scalpel, and make clean cuts. Then, you can use wedding veil to hold it down to a plug or a piece of LR rubble until it attaches. Then, spread some frags around to fellow hobbyists... frag karma comes back around. ;D

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok thanks for the info. hope your fish business is going well harpua. loved the pics you posted, let us know when you start sw stocking

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks a ton kloseo! Business is pretty good so far, but I don't really see us getting into the salty side of business. There are just so many great SW only stores around here... surprisingly, it's FW stores that are really lacking in this area!

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok will keep that in mine when i need hard to find fw fish, im in nashville area

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom