How About Pictures Of What We Do For A Living ?

coralbandit
Took some snap shots at work today that I thought I might start a thread with besides post in my thread . I am lucky right now and working on the oldest horse track in America installing a copper roof ! These are cool pictures for sure and I hope to update ,but I would like to see what some of you are proud of !
Here I go !
SARATOGA RACE TRACK 1863 CLUB .This is a 2 year project scheduled to be completed in 8 months and surely before post time on July 11 !

Not certain but my Buddy and I [in the business more then a few years] have been told that this is the largest copper project on the east coast ..

Minxxy
Ill let you guess where I work for those state side it should be easy....
Screenshot_20190520-195013_Gallery.jpg

coralbandit
Minxxy said:
Is that you !
Holy company spirit !

StarGirl

specialty+lenses.jpg
I make contact lenses.

A201
That's awsome CB. Working on that project is certainly something to be proud of.
Here is a pic of me & my patrol car taken at the end of my very last shift after 27 years.
You would be surprised to learn how many Policemen & other first responders are fishkeepers.

20190520_185531.jpg

Basil

D557040A-CB40-40FA-A9C1-2CDA9E231885.jpeg
coralbandit said:
Took some snap shots at work today that I thought I might start a thread with besides post in my thread . I am lucky right now and working on the oldest horse track in America installing a copper roof ! These are cool pictures for sure and I hope to update ,but I would like to see what some of you are proud of !
Here I go !
SARATOGA RACE TRACK 1863 CLUB .This is a 2 year project scheduled to be completed in 8 months and surely before post time on July 11 !

^^ That's my buddy Chris ^^

^^Co workers^^

^^Poor selfy of me in front of club^^

Not certain but my Buddy and I [in the business more then a few years] have been told that this is the largest copper project on the east coast ..
I can only see the last picture but impressive!!
I actually snapped this picture last night at work. Second shift has been crazy busy running all the lab samples from all the physician’s offices and clinics that are under the medical group that owns the hospital I work in.
But no more. Now a very large commercial lab will run them. So we go from 150 mph to about 40 mph.
The samples were placed in these racks to then be distributed to each lab area. But no more. So the racks will most likely be gone then I go to work tomorrow.

david1978

Worked there 20 years. Disabled now so not so interesting pics anymore.

Minxxy
coralbandit said:
Is that you !
Holy company spirit !
No I'm not IN the suit lol

coralbandit
So today we installed the first of 7 finials ..It is the piece that goes at the very top of peaks and can be artsy if desired . The architects designed this one we just built it and installed the first for approval ..It matches the drawings with 1/4 inch in every facet ..It is the tiny point center top in first pic .

noobscaper
Minxxy said:
Lol

wintermute
Well I work in IT, so no particularly interesting shots.

?temp_hash=8778f40d373418040de79113bde766f0.jpg

I can show my dried fruit

collection.... and I do get to see some pretty spectacular sunsets

Tony.

coralbandit
I've been watching the horse races on MSG all season but if you watch FOX today you should see my handy work during the 150th Traverse !
Kind of cool to see what you were once tired of with a more favorable light . 1863 club ...

Basil
coralbandit said:
I've been watching the horse races on MSG all season but if you watch FOX today you should see my handy work during the 150th Traverse !
Kind of cool to see what you were once tired of with a more favorable light . 1863 club ...
Do you have a pick for the Travers? I don’t but I’ll bet on any horse ridden by Javier Castellano.
My horse that raced at Saratoga is NY bred and Javier rode him in 3 races which I thought was pretty cool.

coralbandit
I did not pick the winner ..Luckily I am not a betting man !

Basil
coralbandit said:
I did not pick the winner ..Luckily I am not a betting man !
I rarely bet either but once took a chance and bet a whole $5 on a horse to win because I loved the way he moved while warming up. He won and I got $28 back!

coralbandit
Getting to work on a local church steeple ...

iS1kA7vl.jpg

ZUgUsmhl.jpg

^^ This part ^^
Pretty high up so we use a lift to get there.. This one maxes out at 80 feet which is just short of the finial we are painting !

rhmLKM5l.jpg

It is nice to get out at the top !

WbVYZ01l.jpg

But a little tight !!

P4l2PjEl.jpg

Looking up

j89QXVfl.jpg

Looking down

IJDsUHNl.jpg

I am guessing the stone had some restoration work around 1955 !

Wbdzkt0l.jpg

I love the sun !

emeraldking
A201 said:
That's awsome CB. Working on that project is certainly something to be proud of.
Here is a pic of me & my patrol car taken at the end of my very last shift after 27 years.
You would be surprised to learn how many Policemen & other first responders are fishkeepers.

20190520_185531.jpg
Well, I wasn't aware of that. But why is that? Maybe I should check out in my own country if there is such a high number of police officers that are fishkeepers as well...

A201
I worked with several Officers that kept fish. Just like any hobby, Fishkeeping helps to brighten one's mood and keep the mind away from bad things.

pagoda
I had to take early retirement due to health reasons and am now pretty much housebound, but in my past I worked in construction (towercrane placement & servicing), then went into driving artics (or 18 wheeler semi's) across Europe. My weekends consisted of throwing myself up the local dragstrip in a 7.7 nitrous boosted Pontiac Firebird or meddling with fishkeeping or working as part of a team of volunteers restoring warbirds....specifically a B-17 Flying Fortress and a B-25 Mitchell

JettsPapa
I work at a university affiliated test facility where we test the effectiveness of roadside safety devices (like bridge rails and guardrails), anti-ram devices, and the bollards that you see at storefronts to keep vehicles from running into the building.

I worked on the construction crew from 1998 until 2009. Working out in the weather got to where it wasn't as much fun as it had been when I was younger, so I jumped at the opportunity to move inside. Now I use Solidworks to create 3d models and then the drawings for the stuff we test. I like working with numbers, and I appreciate precision, so I really enjoy it. Here's a couple of videos. All of these structures I either helped build or did the drawings for, and some of them I helped design also.

Top Bottom