How’s My Set Up?

Makenna L

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi everyone!

It’s been some time since the last time I posted. I’m happy to say that my tank is THRIVING! Finally after like 4 months!

I now have a 20 gallon long tank. Here’s its inhabitants:
2 live plants
Filter
Heater consistently at 78 degrees F
1 female Koi Betta (she is so happy)
1 sunrise Platy
2 Mollies
3 guppies

My water parameters are excellent. I check them weekly 24 hours after each water change. (I also add bacteria, salt, and water conditioner after each 25% water change)
The water is crystal clear. I had a brief problem with milky water.

I want to know if anyone recommends against adding more fish? Or if I am at capacity? It’s an addiction getting more Little friends.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thank you!
Makenna L

IMG_8255.jpg
IMG_8260.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wouldn't add the salt after the change.

I'd take out the mollies and platy because they poop a lot.

I would also add more plants.

Makenna L

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wouldn't add the salt after the change.

I'd take out the mollies and platy because they poop a lot.

I would also add more plants.
I don’t plan to get rid of any of them. I have the time to clean up the tank frequently, so that’s not a problem.

I can certainly add more plants.

The salt I have it especially for helping with stress. It was recommended by a long time tank keeper.

AdamS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don’t think you’d have any issues with a couple more guppies as long as you keep up on your water and make sure they’re like all the same gender so you don’t end up with a ton of them. Just make sure the betta doesn’t get aggressive towards them with they’re bigger tail fins. Just my personal thoughts

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could add some cory catfish to fill the bottom level of the tank. They like to be in shoals of minimum 6, but I wouldn't add more than 6 in your set up either. Look into the types that are smaller.

But if you are adding more fish, I would increase the decor in your tank so that the fish have hiding spots if they are being bothered by any other fish. Fake plants, real plants or any sort of plastic/rock/wood decor will do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom