Housing/Selling the Fry...???

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I was wondering, do any of the people in the UK know if there are any pet stores that'll take fry off've your hands? Coz my mollies are breeding like mad and I don't have enough room to house all the babies / get a new tank @ the moment - and well, the fry are all being eaten (which hardly seems fair).

So I was wondering, how do you guys find homes for your fry?? Is there anywhere I can advertise them or anything? I don't even want money for them - just new homes!

Thanks,
Andy

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We set up a tank for the fry to grow in. A lot of pet stores will take fry when they reach a certain size, some will take the fry but they'd just get eaten there most likely. And/or you can sell or give away some after they've grown a little.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Our newborn fry-tank is a 5 gal... after they get to a certain size they're transferred to a 10 gal. after which they're ready to be given to friends, family and sold to LFS.. bottomline, if you want to raise fry, you'll need extra tanks or maybe a tank-divider according to the size of the tank you have now.

andiuk

Valued Member
Reaction score
awesome ^^^

thanks guys, indeed - found somewhere that does indeed take them in @ about an inch long, so i'll invest in a new "fry" tank when I can!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Richard said:
Our newborn fry-tank is a 5 gal... after they get to a certain size they're transferred to a 10 gal. after which they're ready to be given to friends, family and sold to LFS.. bottomline, if you want to raise fry, you'll need extra tanks or maybe a tank-divider according to the size of the tank you have now.
But what if you don't want to raise fry, but feel too cruel letting them be eaten systematically? We just got some and I couldn't bring myself to leave them in the main tank. Who knows what I'll do if they grow to adulthood! Aaargh! Cute, though. Very cute.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They are that.. so cute and most of ours died since mama got pregnant thanks to some in-store inbreeding and most of the fry didn't last too long until dying from some mystery illness. You could see if anyone you know wants to raise some of the fry in a tank for just them, or a divided tank (hopefully cycled) and maybe move them out that way.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom