housing a Dragonet?

1. Harrison Member Member

2. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

at least a 30 gallon with lots of live rock and sand with prey items for them to eat. They can be hard to get eating regular foods sometimes.

3. Harrison Member Member

live foods as in brine shrimp ?? its okay to house with other fish though isn't it?

4. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

brine shirimp and pods. Ok to keep with other species but may fight with other dragonets.

5. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

They also may fight with gobies and blennies. The bigger your tank is and the more mature it is with a healthy and plentiful population of pods the better. I always like to tell people 6 months minimum if kickstarted a year if not.

6. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Not to mention the up keep of producing and growing copods is of an advanced aquarist, for now I would shy away from this type fish just get the clowns for now and let the tank go for 6 months or so depending upon the out come of the tank.

7. Harrison Member Member

ok man yeah i read up a little about making the pods etc does look abit advanced cheers though

8. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Just go with the smallest plan for now. Like I had mentioned before and don't rush anything because the more you rush the more that can go bad. In the mean time learn as much info that you can hold and from there you will appreciate what I'm telling you. :;toast:;toast:;toast

9. Harrison Member Member

okay be sure to check my threads as im getting my tank next week :D

10. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

How much and what type live rock are you getting? How much sand?

11. Harrison Member Member

its about 230L so like 50gallonish :s i think, not sure what type of live rock yet and about 4inch evenly spread around the tank

12. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Hey man, So sorry for the late response but I had to work for 14 days straight, Lucky for me hugh!! Hahahaha anyhoo back to your tank are you doing live sand too? is that what the 3 inches means? Live rock is rock and should be placed at certain levels in the tank such as being the smallest rock to start with on the bottom and have the rock up in the water and not so much in the sand. I would not choose to do more than one inch of sand thick this is about the size of the tip of your thumb to the first bend in your finger if that makes since. Don't plan on anything more. Just wanted to say that if there is anything that you are in question about please let me know I am here for you to make a tank that will do good just do as I acn to help you and just take the process real slow.. The people that I have helped and do the way that I have learned and being so awesome at it then those who follow end up with no problems down the line.. I want to make sure that you have a full understanding how to plan and seed a tank with out the head aches. Cheers!!