Housing 6" Black Ghost Knife Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jafa

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This amazing fish is still housed with his old buddies, 2 Frontosa and a Silver Shark, in his original digs. Seemingly thriving!
I have read everything available and the advice varies. Some say they are a peaceful soul who would love my large 90g community tank. (3 angels, 2 dwarf gouramis, 3 swords, 2 yoyo loaches (temp), 2 cory and 2 BN pleco).
Any experience with ghosts?
(I really did want to add a snakeskin gourami)

20181229_151826.jpg
20181229_151826.jpg

Terrible photo(s), sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I had a ghost in with community fish. He actually did great. I think he slurped up some of the smaller inhabitants like cardinal tetras, but he was also living with larger black skirt tetras who he never seemed to bother.

I’m not sure if he would get nipped at, though, if the angels are aggressive. I’m guessing not but i know angels can be nippy.

OP
Jafa

Jafa

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had a ghost in with community fish. He actually did great. I think he slurped up some of the smaller inhabitants like cardinal tetras, but he was also living with larger black skirt tetras who he never seemed to bother.

I’m not sure if he would get nipped at, though, if the angels are aggressive. I’m guessing not but i know angels can be nippy.
Great news!
I hate putting anything into that tank that isn't staying. It's just too darn hard to re-catch them :inpain:
The yoyos will likely stay even though they mess with my plants :sour: I just can't catch them (short of draining the tank, and removing the rocks, agh!).

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angels do fine with ghost knifes - its more likely that the knife may confuse the angels fins for food and take a bite due to their poor eyesight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom