House plant troubles, please advise!

bumblinBee

I've got a few house plants here that I'm struggling to keep, if any of you know what may be causing these please let me know!

To start, I've got a jade plant that has developed these weird bumps. I propagated this one from a leaf and neither it nor the mother plant had this problem to begin with. It seems it has developed over time, and as you can see the new growth doesn't really have these weird bumps. They're very distinct to the touch and are really unattractive. I've never encountered anything like this before and I'm completely unsure how to proceed in treating it. Is this a disease? A genetic condition?

Then I've got a succulent with these odd brown patches, it almost looks like burns or physical damage, except it's kept under the same lights as all my other succulents and this is the only one with any issues, I don't think it's a burn.

And finally we have my sarracenia. I was so excited when I got it, and although it looked quite poorly when I brought it home I was determined to get it back in good shape. And it seemed to be working - it started putting out bigger healthier looking pitchers. I noticed some fungus gnat larvae in the peat moss it had been in so I transplanted it to a sphagnum/perlite mix and rinsed it's roots thoroughly. However it's begun developing this strange brown colouration, and looks kind of crispy. Is it lack of humidity? A disease? Something similar occured with a succulent I'd kept before that I actually had to throw out because all of it's leaves died back. I really don't want that to happen with this one, so if you have any idea what this might be please let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2213.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 23

Motherlovebetta

My jade did that I think I was overwatering it? I water mine only like once every two or three weeks and even longer in winter and it stopped.

Upvote 0

bumblinBee

My jade did that I think I was overwatering it? I water mine only like once every two or three weeks and even longer in winter and it stopped.
I wait until my jades are literally bone dry before re-watering, and even then I wait a couple days so I don't know if it's that. I'll try holding off until the leaves look visibly dehydrated before watering and see if it helps, thank you for your input!

Upvote 0

Cue

That’s happened to my very old Jade too. It hasn’t caused any issues at all and I think it might just be a part of the plant aging. It could possibly be small sun burns, so maybe try raising your lamps a bit?

that second succulent of yours is definitely burned, it’s permanent on already harmed leaves but not an issue long-term. Eventually the leaves will die off in time and your plant will be pretty again.

Upvote 0

bumblinBee

That’s happened to my very old Jade too. It hasn’t caused any issues at all and I think it might just be a part of the plant aging. It could possibly be small sun burns, so maybe try raising your lamps a bit?

that second succulent of yours is definitely burned, it’s permanent on already harmed leaves but not an issue long-term. Eventually the leaves will die off in time and your plant will be pretty again.
I guess I've just got to raise the lights and see how they do, thank you for the response! I think I'll try propagating the Jade again with fingers crossed that the new plant doesn't have them. It seems healthy otherwise, it's just not super pretty lol

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MileyMorkie
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
Loachland
Replies