Hot shower water and dechorinator for ick treatment?

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
Hey guys. I used hot shower water and dechlorinator for ick treatment but when I put my fish in 3 ember tetras and 4 glowlight tetras died. So can you tell me if this works or do I have to change the water?

Also for those of you asking why I didnt use my heater, I don't have a heater

Fruity

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Wait, did you take the fish out of your tank and plop them into hot water, or am I misunderstanding?

OP
SaberKillerWystan

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
I took hot shower water and put the diseased fish in it. The temperature is like 30-35 celsius

And I changed the water beforehand. So I took out the original water and filled the tank with the hot water

Fruity

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
When using temperature to treat ich, you need to raise it gradually, like over a day. I think they were probably already stressed because of the ich, then shocked by the sudden temperature change.

OP
SaberKillerWystan

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
Ok thx. Will cool down the water when I get home. I appreciate ur help man

And one more question. Can platies survive without broken down oxygen?

Fruity

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
SaberKillerWystan said:
Ok thx. Will cool down the water when I get home. I appreciate ur help man
I would leave it for now, if you try to cool it rapidly the fish will be even more stressed.

SixThreeOh

Well Known
Reaction score
Just use ich meds. You don't understand the concept of what you're doing and you're going to kill all of your fish.

Cichlidude

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
35 degrees C is 95 degrees F. You cooked your fish alive. Sorry.

Vinh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
SaberKillerWystan said:
I took hot shower water and put the diseased fish in it. The temperature is like 30-35 celsius

And I changed the water beforehand. So I took out the original water and filled the tank with the hot water
I understand you did not have the heater to increase the temp up high to design temp for your tank but the way you treat ick for your fish is totally wrong way.Instead of helping them heal.You killed then in instance.Here is few step you should consider before you doing any thing!
1- Make sure you read a lot about it and understand why and what you are doing ,what info will be base on for you to follow ,is that info trust worthy,what it will help or harm the situation.
2-Ask and learn more until you get all necessary useful info and right material for what are you going to do.What to do in other effected way if you don't have materia or convinent.As we all know : we have more than one way to done thing right.
3-Done the job in the right way ,the way you just find out and it must 100% help out your situation.

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
SaberKillerWystan said:

35 Celsius is way too hot and will basically cook your fish and have very low oxygen content. I would assume that is what killed your fish. Most don’t go about 85F and even that stresses some fish out. Ember tetras like water a bit on the cooler side as well. Those are awesome fish sad they passed.

What do you mean change the water. Water changes don’t get rid of ick. Keep your tank fallow for 30 days and restart. I suggest researching aquarium related topics in those 30 days so you don’t continue to kill fish and become frustrated.
I’m sorry to say this but a bit of common sense or any bit of research would have indicated to many people that what you did would kill your fish. You acclimate the fish when you buy them from the fish store to your tank right? What would you think a 20 degree F increase in temp would benefit them. Not trying to be mean but you need to think or research before acting. People here respond usually within minutes to hours. Post here next time before going an extreme route like this.

OP
SaberKillerWystan

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
Welp rip. Thx everyone but it was too late

The temperature dropped to 23 Celsius but my fish still died

New Threads