Hospital Tank Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by mpq1996, Apr 13, 2017.

1. mpq1996

mpq1996 New Member Member

What is the best way to move fish back to the big tank? im not sure how big a temperature change it is as i am not home at the moment? but i dont want to risk sending them into shock

2. primobryan

primobryan Valued Member Member

If temperature is your only concern buy a thermometer. Id be more concerned if you used any medications while your fish were quarantined like copper because then you wouldnt want that in your main display or using the same equipment either.

3. OP
    OP
    mpq1996

Ive only used pimafix so far in the hospital tank, but may try another if it does not work. And i do have a thermometer but the heater i have in the hopital tank doesnt keep it quite as hot as the main tank. would a 5 degree difference be too much for them?

4. primobryan

primobryan Valued Member Member

Im not so sure on 5 degrees it it a good amount well you can always lower the temp in your main a degree or two that way its not a 5 degree difference

5. OP
    OP
    mpq1996

Ok i'll try that thanks

6. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

You could get a ziplock baggie and fill it with the hospital tank water and the fish. Then float it in the top of the main tank. Like you would when you bring fish from the fish store. Float the bag for 20-30 minutes and then move the fish into the tank.

7. Gekco

Gekco Well Known Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice