Hospital Tank Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by mpq1996, Apr 12, 2017.

1. mpq1996

mpq1996 New Member Member

I have a few tetras that have mouth fungus and i have been treating my entire 29 gallon for almost 2 weeks now with no real improvement in the tetras. So i would like to set up a hospital tank for all 5 of my tetras to treat to see if a smaller tank would help treat them better. I have a 2.5 gallon and a 10 gallon tank that i can use. Which do you think would be better? I have an extra 10 gallon filter to use in it hut no gravel or plants for it. are either of those needed in a hospital tank as well?
    ps. i know tetras should be in groups of 6 and i had 6 but one died not long after being moved into the tank, not sure why

2. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

What treatment are you using? Id go with 10 gal. You dont need gravel or plants, but plants will provide needed shade/shelter or use plastic plants.
    Have you tried adding a little aquarium salt?

3. OP
    OP
    mpq1996

mpq1996 New Member Member

I used api fungus cure for a week and when that didnt work i am now trying Pimafix, about 4 days in and still now improvement.
    I have not tried aquarium salt

4. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

IMO Pimafix doesn't work all that well either, I'd pick yourself up some kanamycin :)

5. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

Kanamycin defo do the job but may be something easier to get hold of in your lfs anythin containg malachite green usually whitespot/ich meds will contain it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice