hospital tank question

1. goldenrod1967 Initiate Member

Hi everyone,
    I recently posted a question about fin and tail rot and took your advice to medicate in a hospital tank. It's now day 4 of Maracyn/Maracyn 2 treatment and everything seemed to be going fine- however, tonight I notice that the entire top of the water surface is covered with bubbles- looks like soap suds! Have I done something wrong or is this ok?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

2. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

what are the conditions of your hospital tank? is it cycled? what is the temperature? what are the nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia levels? Maybe these things don't have anything to do with the problem and maybe the situation is okay but the information will help us to determine whether there is one. How is the fish doing today?

Rose

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats normally what happns for me also, just make sure you have enough aeration.
    Carol

4. goldenrod1967 Initiate Member

aeration seems good- temp is 82, nitrites are less than .3, ammonia is a little high at 1.5 but should I wait until the course of meds is complete to do a water change? I'm glad to hear this has happened to someone else too!! The fish himself is eating and swimming well, very interested in whoever's walking by, like a typical oscar!! I even think I may see a little fin regrowth. Thanks for the input-
    Lisa