Hospital tank - Dust??

Theulli

So I have never had a hospital tank before, but is it normal that there appears to be a thin layer of dust developing on the bottom of the tank? The tank is totally bare, so maybe this is just something that happens that you don't notice in a tank with substrate. The tank itself didn't have any dust in it prior to my filling it up...Is this something other people have observed? I have been vacuuming up left over food from the bottom of the tank, so I can't image there are enough organics for it to be those decomposing in the tank.

Perhaps it's a sign that I need a small powerhead creating more circulation? I have a HoB filter on the thing at the moment.

thanks!

smalli

So I have never had a hospital tank before, but is it normal that there appears to be a thin layer of dust developing on the bottom of the tank? The tank is totally bare, so maybe this is just something that happens that you don't notice in a tank with substrate. The tank itself didn't have any dust in it prior to my filling it up...Is this something other people have observed? I have been vacuuming up left over food from the bottom of the tank, so I can't image there are enough organics for it to be those decomposing in the tank.

Perhaps it's a sign that I need a small powerhead creating more circulation? I have a HoB filter on the thing at the moment.

thanks!
It might be broken up food and then you will need to do a water change and use a gravel vacuum

Upvote 0

Theulli

Another possibility that occured to me: could it be Rally Pro precipitating out of the water?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views