Horse People Who Do Cde Or Know About It

Brizburk

I'm beginning my search for a quality marathon harness, there's several out there but how do I know which ones are best and which style of collar and backpad to get..? I'm not concerned with cost right now, just starting to gather knowledge to hopefully purchase in the next couple months

Momgoose56

I'm beginning my search for a quality marathon harness, there's several out there but how do I know which ones are best and which style of collar and backpad to get..? I'm not concerned with cost right now, just starting to gather knowledge to hopefully purchase in the next couple months
I'm assuming that you are referring to Combined Driving with the "cde" accronym since you referred to a marathon harness? You might get better responses from a driving forum than from a fish forum. Here's one for starters: Driving - The Horse Forum
I was on a combined driving team for years but in my experience, the type of harness will depend on the horse(s), cart/carriage/wagon and the terrain you'll be on. That would determine little details like whether a crupper, is used or not. Good hunting!

Ohio Mark

There are loads of harness shops in our area and I have used driving harnesses all my life. I'm not sure exactly what kind of harness you are looking for.... But if I can be of help, I'm happy to try.

I prefer biothane harnesses to leather and a breast-strap driving harness to collars. As far as pads for saddles, collars, or breast-straps, the new vinyl ones are hard to beat.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Flowingfins
  • Horse
Replies
Views
Flowingfins
Replies
Views
bassbonediva
Replies
Views
SamMe