Horizontal line on Satin

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by ebbandflow, May 1, 2006.

1. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

OK I'm probably just being paranoid but I'm noticing a lighter color stripe going horizontally over Satins body that I hadnt noticed before (doesnt mean it wasnt there). Just assuming that this has appeared over the last couple of days does it mean anything?

2. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I don't know about the males. I know that Banding occurs on Females when they are ready to breed. If this continues let us know.

Rose
    :)

3. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I've never heard of that either. ???

4. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

Imagine if Satin is a female just with real long fins!! :D

5. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Well the Banding on a Female goes from Horizontal to Vertical when the "time is right" so if that happens I guess maybe there may be a quiestion about him? LOL

I DO NOT think you have a thing to worry about. He probably has had this, but just in case keep an eye on it and watch that it doesn't start to change color or anything that could be an indication of parasitic infection. (or spreading)

Rose
    ;)

6. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I might add that as far as I know the banda on females are black or dark at least.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice