Horizon 130litre Aquascape

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by JacksAquariums, Aug 17, 2019.

?

Aquascape

1. Great

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. It’s alright

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Trash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JacksAquariums

JacksAquariumsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey guys! I’m a 14 year old kid and have been doing aquariums since I was 10. This is a forest themed aquascape I did today, I used Oliver Knott aquaearth substrage to get about 2 inches deep. Mainly in the tank I’ve been using rizhome plants like Anubias and java fern but I do have s. Repens, Riccia Moss, alternanthera reineckii, and a fair bit of hemianthus callitrichoides (not sure about spelling lol). Only have of the tank is planted, as I basically bought out the whole stock of my lfs. I need to get more wood to finish the other side as I bought the whole stock of the wood at my fish store. What do you think? I think it looks pretty nice.

Attached Files:

2. MissNoodle

MissNoodleWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +718
    I think it looks pretty good! The vertical stands of branches is a nice effect.

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,130
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Looks good.

What's that strappy plant, the one with the long green leaves? It looks like mondo grass.

4. OP
    OP
    JacksAquariums

JacksAquariumsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    It’s been much more planted now, with a TON of java fern and anubias.
    AussieJJDude, they are Dwarf Pongol, I have the dwarf varieties in my tanks and in the pond outside I have a huge one. (I live in Victoria so if this plant has survived in my pond for almost a year, it can survive anything ****)