55 Gallon Tank Hoping for the best anyone have advice

Tallywacker1996

So, my brother is very into freshwater aquariums. And gave me a 55 gallon tank for my room about 3 months ago with a pair of blood parrots. A couple weeks later I got a bala shark. And a couple snails. (He has tanks for the bala once it gets to big). And about a week ago I bought four tiger barbs, three green, and three albino barbs. And the barbs are still very small. And so far they are all getting along fine. My parrots seem to be paired up but are still pretty young. But everything seems to be so far so good. Other than my barbs picking at my snails from time to time. I'm hoping everything stays peaceful in the tank. Would love to hear some people's opinions.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1943219237.jpg
    Snapchat-1943219237.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220810_203351134.jpg
    IMG_20220810_203351134.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220810_202552153.jpg
    IMG_20220810_202552153.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220810_202545372.jpg
    IMG_20220810_202545372.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 3
  • Snapchat-1945090809.jpg
    Snapchat-1945090809.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 3

Fishmanperson

So, my brother is very into freshwater aquariums. And gave me a 55 gallon tank for my room about 3 months ago with a pair of blood parrots. A couple weeks later I got a bala shark. And a couple snails. (He has tanks for the bala once it gets to big). And about a week ago I bought four tiger barbs, three green, and three albino barbs. And the barbs are still very small. And so far they are all getting along fine. My parrots seem to be paired up but are still pretty young. But everything seems to be so far so good. Other than my barbs picking at my snails from time to time. I'm hoping everything stays peaceful in the tank. Would love to hear some people's opinions.
As far as I can tell in the pictures you only have fake plants which is fine but fake plants can really scratch up the fishes fins. I would recommend getting at least some live plants (Please correct me if I'm wrong and there is live plants in there but as far as I can tell there isn't) But if everything is going well you of course don't need live plants and since you're brother is really into it he could definitely help you out to.

Tallywacker1996

As far as I can tell in the pictures you only have fake plants which is fine but fake plants can really scratch up the fishes fins. I would recommend getting at least some live plants (Please correct me if I'm wrong and there is live plants in there but as far as I can tell there isn't) But if everything is going well you of course don't need live plants and since you're brother is really into it he could definitely help you out to.
Thank you. I do not have any live plants I've wanted some but have seen how cichlids can be towards substrate and really anything in a tank so I've been a little cautious about that. And I definitely want to have live plants, but am worried about what the blood parrots might do to them.

Noroomforshoe

Tiger barbs, "and there tank mates" would benifit from being in a school of 12 or more. Mixing the color variants is cool! Bala sharks are also an active schooling fish, If there is a larger tank were he can be moved to I would do it ASAP. You will be very over stocked with the parrots and the Bala and everything else.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• MONSTER GOBY
  • Barbs
Replies
Views
MONSTER GOBY
Replies
Views
Mombo
Replies
Views
Thai Aquarium owner