Hopeless case of MTS

1. Teruterubozu Initiate Member

Hi all,
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been keeping fish off and on for 25 years. Started with horribly mismatched and overstocked community tanks in the 1990s. Jack Dempseys and neon tetras some angels... What was I thinking?!

So I learned... And the in the 2000s marriage to a goldfish keeper resulted in 4 tanks of ranchu, oranda, ryukins, and moors. A house fire claimed the lives of all the fish in 2007 and I swore I was Not Doing This Again!

Well that lasted all of 3 years... it started with we'll just get one 75g with 2 orandas. Then a trip to the lfs resulted in another 75g and 2 calico ryukins cause, and I quote the SO, "they were too pretty".

After that there came a 10g on the kitchen counter to grow plants for the monsters, I mean goldfish to snack on. I guess just plants was boring so somehow a bunch of shrimp appeared in there. At this time no one is claiming responsibility for the shrimps arrival.

Well who knew shrimp are kinda cool... This led to 2 more 15g shrimp tanks, malawa and wild bees. The 10g became home to a betta. ( he was "pretty" too)

Now it's getting kinda cluttered here so next is a rack to put the small tanks on. What do you know!? We can fit more tanks on there! In come 4 more 15gs with badis badis, peacock gudgeon, and innederre killifish, a 30b for a f8 puffer and his own snail growing tank. The last 15g is reserved for some GBRs which should be arriving tomorrow.

Last weekend my sister also decided to finally stop her kids from torturing fish, and gave me her 29g and last surviving bn pleco. CPDs will be going in there.

And someone I work with just offered me another 30g... I'm hopeless with MTS but happy... And kinda pruney

2. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

I lost track of how many tanks you have...10? Is that right?

And welcome to FL.

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to fishkeepers anonymous - I mean Fishlore :)

4. petaddiction Well Known Member Member

Haha thats awesome! I have to admit I'm kind of jealous.. ;)

5. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

LOL welcome. We all know how you feel (say my 10 tanks plus two more on the way plus a betta breeding barracks in process).

6. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Wow! And I thought I had a lot of tanks!

7. Teruterubozu Initiate Member

There really should be a fishkeepers anonymous... hi my name is Teru and I have 12 tanks. .. For now. ...

8. Archie1208 Member Member

12 tanks.... WOW!

And welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum