Hopefully My Last Stocking Question.

1. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

At least for awhile...lol
    So I had another hiccup this morning and had to change my fish around again.

I now have 1 Dwarf Gourami
    1 Female Platy
    5 or so Amano Shrimp
    9 Sterbai Corydoras
    3 Pygmy Corydoras (will be 13 by tomorrow)
    and 1 Albino BN Pleco

I moved the False Julii Corydoras to my 10 gal again. I know that's not ideal, but it's gonna have to work. I'm up to 6 tanks and I refuse to add any more. Hence my having to move fish around this morning and last night.

Am I good now?

Just one last note. The Pygmy Corys and Platy are nonnegotiable. The Platy will be staying until she passes away and then I won't have any more Platys.

2. Fisher27

Fisher27 Valued Member Member

Use AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

3. OP
    OP
    O

I did. According to them I'm good. But I'm also at a higher stocking level than I'd like to be according to that site, but I got info here saying I was fine with the higher level and that it's not actually that accurate.

"Recommended temperature range: 23 - 25 C. [Display in Farenheit]
    Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
    Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 129%. Question11.png
    Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 110%."

I have an Aqueon Quietflow 30 and a 10. I was gonna add a Marineland Penguin 150, but it didn't fit on the tank. I might get another Aqueon 30 though.

4. OP
    OP
    O

I did. According to them I'm good. But I'm also at a higher stocking level than I'd like to be according to that site, but I got info here saying I was fine with the higher level and that it's not actually that accurate.

"Recommended temperature range: 23 - 25 C. [Display in Farenheit]
    Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
    Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 129%. Question11.png
    Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 110%."

I have an Aqueon Quietflow 30 and a 10. I was gonna add a Marineland Penguin 150, but it didn't fit on the tank. I might get another Aqueon 30 though.

5. OP
    OP
    O

Just added a new filter. I was gonna get an Aqueon 30, but it didn't fit so I got an Aqueon Quietflow 20. So with the 2 together it's rated for 75 gals.

6. OP
    OP
    O

So I actually just thought of one more question. If I rehomed my Albino BN Pleco would I be ok to add a school of Harlequin Rasboras, Cherry Barbs or Chili Rasboras?

7. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

No, it's a bottom dweller and wouldn't clear space for middle dwellers. Though honestly even if you kept the pleco you could do a school of mid-dwellers imo.

So what I mean to say is that it's fine either way if you rehome the pleco or not and add a school of the fish you want, imo.