Hopefully My Last Stocking Question.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Over It, Jul 31, 2017.

1. O

Over It Well Known Member Member

At least for awhile...lol
    So I had another hiccup this morning and had to change my fish around again.

I now have 1 Dwarf Gourami
    1 Female Platy
    5 or so Amano Shrimp
    9 Sterbai Corydoras
    3 Pygmy Corydoras (will be 13 by tomorrow)
    and 1 Albino BN Pleco

I moved the False Julii Corydoras to my 10 gal again. I know that's not ideal, but it's gonna have to work. I'm up to 6 tanks and I refuse to add any more. Hence my having to move fish around this morning and last night.

Am I good now?

Just one last note. The Pygmy Corys and Platy are nonnegotiable. The Platy will be staying until she passes away and then I won't have any more Platys.

2. FishFandom

FishFandom Valued Member Member

Use  

3. OP
    OP
    O

I did. According to them I'm good. But I'm also at a higher stocking level than I'd like to be according to that site, but I got info here saying I was fine with the higher level and that it's not actually that accurate.

"Recommended temperature range: 23 - 25 C.  
    Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
    Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 129%. Question11.png
    Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 110%."

I have an Aqueon Quietflow 30 and a 10. I was gonna add a Marineland Penguin 150, but it didn't fit on the tank. I might get another Aqueon 30 though.

4. OP
    OP
    O

I did. According to them I'm good. But I'm also at a higher stocking level than I'd like to be according to that site, but I got info here saying I was fine with the higher level and that it's not actually that accurate.

"Recommended temperature range: 23 - 25 C.  
    Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
    Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 129%. Question11.png
    Recommended water change schedule: 34% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 110%."

I have an Aqueon Quietflow 30 and a 10. I was gonna add a Marineland Penguin 150, but it didn't fit on the tank. I might get another Aqueon 30 though.

5. OP
    OP
    O

Just added a new filter. I was gonna get an Aqueon 30, but it didn't fit so I got an Aqueon Quietflow 20. So with the 2 together it's rated for 75 gals.

6. OP
    OP
    O

So I actually just thought of one more question. If I rehomed my Albino BN Pleco would I be ok to add a school of Harlequin Rasboras, Cherry Barbs or Chili Rasboras?

7. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

No, it's a bottom dweller and wouldn't clear space for middle dwellers. Though honestly even if you kept the pleco you could do a school of mid-dwellers imo.

So what I mean to say is that it's fine either way if you rehome the pleco or not and add a school of the fish you want, imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice