Hooray! And thanks to help

1. Riverwolf Initiate Member

Decided to test my tap water for ammonia today to see if possible frustration for slow cycling and my two deceased fish.
    Tap water was a big zero on ammonia. A definite, no question bright solid yellow.
    So that's good and thought I might as well test the tank again while the kit is out-
    another big fat zero and bright no questions yellow!
    I was so happy and shocked that I thought as busy as I was all morning that I must have confused the test tubes. So I repeated the tank and ammonia is zero, nitrates hard to read but looks like 5.0
    Finally.
    Of course now I worry about adding more fish and what they call "mini-cycles".
    Any advice?, I have only 4 neon tetras, and one agassizi cory cat.

2. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Congrats in the cycle!

As long as you only add a couple fish at a time, you shouldn't have to worry about mini cycles. :)

3. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

Personally I would give it a week before upping the school of neons. Give the tank a week to stabile a bit.

4. OUTINFRONT Member Member

Congrats on the cycle only advise i have is take it slow 1 fish give it a week then try another if your tests stay good.

5. deon junior Member Member

give it a week and then test again and then if all is good id add a few more neons first