Hoods That Are Led And Fit A 20 Long?

AwokenPrincess
I currently have a 12 by 24 led aqueon ecno hood on their right now (which clearly is too short) and I love the way the lighting looks but I can’t find it online or at any local retailers. I’m looking for other 12 by 30 options or a link or idea as to where in the world I could find that hood. Thanks!

TexasDomer
If you haven't already, I would consider a glass lid - this will really open up your options for lighting, as most lights that comes with hoods aren't very good.

Crafty Cichlid
Glass all the way... just don't step on it, made that mistake yesterday.

AwokenPrincess
If you haven't already, I would consider a glass lid - this will really open up your options for lighting, as most lights that comes with hoods aren't very good.
I’m not looking to grow plants or things of that nature and the lighting for the hood I really want is quite good in my personal opinion.
I also don’t really know much about glass but if you’d like to inform me a bit I’d be glad to learn

Ouch
Read my reply to TexasDoomer

DarkOne

I have Aqueon glass tops (VersaTops) on my 5 tanks.

I have one of these lights that are cheap and work well, especially for the price.

Crafty Cichlid
I think they just look better. There's a fourth dimension to look through, you add natural light. If it gets dirty, there's no black background to show it. I feel like my tank was at least 50%* more attractive when I switched

*not quantified by anything

Attachments

• IMG_20180309_134524.jpg
    IMG_20180309_134524.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 85
AwokenPrincess
I’m not looking to grow plants or things of that nature and the lifting for the hood I really want is quite good in my personal opinion.
I also don’t really know much about glass but if you’d like to inform me a bit I’d be glad to learn
I have Aqueon glass tops (VersaTops) on my 5 tanks.

I have one of these lights that are cheap and work well, especially for the price.
the first is more geared towards what I’m looking for but doesn’t really look all that bright (hard to tell though) and the glass lid doesn’t seem to have a space for a filter or heater from what I could see in the picture?

TexasDomer
There's a plastic flap in the back that you can cut to fit your filter and heater wire.

AwokenPrincess
There's a plastic flap in the back that you can cut to fit your filter and heater wire.
I might get one for my 10 gallon in the future as the lights from that hood make it look pretty bleak, but for now I unfourtantely think I’m gonna stick to the hood route for my 20
But I appreciate the links and things, they don’t look bad! Just not 100% my thing

Thunder_o_b
I did that 2 weeks ago. $30.00 and a 2 week wait for the glass to get to the glass shop. Tempered for the 150

Lynn78too
I have a Fluval 2.0 LED light. It would give a non-planted 20 long amazing light. I have it in my 30 gallon and I'll say that the 30 gallon looks so much better with the light when it's only filled 2/3 of the way up.

EDIT: It can also handle having the water on it, I have a larger one on my other tank and that tank has 2 exposed areas and they are constantly getting little bits of water splashed and are still doing great.

Crafty Cichlid
I did that 2 weeks ago. $30.00 and a 2 week wait for the glass to get to the glass shop. Tempered for the 150
My local Petco keeps them in stock, and I had a gift card!

AwokenPrincess
I have a Fluval 2.0 LED light. It would give a non-planted 20 long amazing light. I have it in my 30 gallon and I'll say that the 30 gallon looks so much better with the light when it's only filled 2/3 of the way up.

EDIT: It can also handle having the water on it, I have a larger one on my other tank and that tank has 2 exposed areas and they are constantly getting little bits of water splashed and are still doing great.
Wow that’s one expensive light :0 As it’s not a hood probably not for me since it’s just a light and not a hood ;(

DarkOne
I have a Fluval Fresh and Plant 2.0 on my 75 gallon and it is really nice (like REALLY nice). It has a touch on/off button that also dims. It's waterproof but I have glass canopies on all my tanks. I didn't think you were looking to spend that much though which is why I suggested the Aquaneat. Beamswork DA is a bit more if you want better quality. I have an Aquaneat on a 20 gallon long shrimp tank and it works well with the plants I have in there. I have a Nicrew on another 20 gallon long and a 10 gallon that is ok but too bulky on thin tanks (12" wide) and not really much brighter. I have a Beamswork DA on a 40 gallon breeder with a dimmer switch that works great but like the Nicrew, it's a wide light so it might get in the way of the hood.

One of the main benefits of a glass top is that it opens the whole length of the tank so if you need to do maintenance, you can just open it and do your stuff. With a plastic hood, it tends to get in the way. You also have more flexibility with the type of lighting you can choose.

TexasDomer
Marineland should make an LED hood for a 20 gal long. Not sure if it's cheap enough though.

Thunder_o_b
You really should go with a glass canopy and a LED strip.

If you plan on growing plants the is very nice. We have one on Sunhawk's 55, and there is one on its way for the 37 (the new 2.0)

The is also good (more money but more power) We have one on the 150 tall with a twin florescent light (to be replaced with another Plus Pro) The plants love it.

AwokenPrincess
I’ve seen that
Marineland should make an LED hood for a 20 gal long. Not sure if it's cheap enough though.
I’ve seen that but it has super bad reviews unfourtanely. And it is cheap enough

TexasDomer
Bad reviews in what way? I had one and it was fine. Not suitable for plants, but you said you didn't care about that.

AwokenPrincess
You really should go with a glass canopy and a LED strip.

If you plan on growing plants the is very nice. We have one on Sunhawk's 55, and there is one on its way for the 37 (the new 2.0)

The is also good (more money but more power) We have one on the 150 tall with a twin florescent light (to be replaced with another Plus Pro) The plants love it.
I really don’t want to go with glass, but even if I did I’m not going with a lot of plants for a long while I think.
And I wouldn’t know what kind of glass canopy to get anywho, they also aren’t as attractive in my opinion.

AwokenPrincess
Bad reviews in what way? I had one and it was fine. Not suitable for plants, but you said you didn't care about that.
That the material is flimsy, and just bad quality all together. But if it’s all I can find in the end it might be what I go with.

TexasDomer
I didn't have a problem with quality a few years ago, but it was also for a different sized tank, maybe that makes a difference.

AwokenPrincess
I didn't have a problem with quality a few years ago, but it was also for a different sized tank, maybe that makes a difference.
That’s very possible. But Thankyou for your input!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ghostdawg
Top Bottom