Hood Or no Hood Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lexar169, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Lexar169Valued MemberMember

:;dk So, What "other than evaporation" are the pro's and con's of having a hood over your tank and or Not having one?
    :;thx :;nin2

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning Lexxar. Having a hood helps prevent jumpers from jumping, helps to maintain temperature levels, prevents splashing. Keeps kitty and Shawnie out of my tank. (Doh! Did I say that out loud? :giggle:) Also helps to keep dust and particles in the air from going into the tank.
    Ken

3. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

:;rl a hood wont stop me:nono:

it protects the fish from things dropping in there and keeps the fish from skipping out of the tank..with or without a hood, evaporation will happen ;)

4. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

:;rl

Looks like Ken has thoroughly answered your questions...and then some!
    Also, It's nice to have some lighting so you can see your beautiful fish, which a hood provides.

5. OP
    OP
    L

Lexar169Valued MemberMember

thats right, forgot about jumpers. I went and got 2 new bulbs Tuesday "blue" but i had to take them out bc they got so hot they raised my water temp 4 pulse (81.9F). Was thinking of taking the hood off and using an alternative light source, but im not sure about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice