Honey with thick lip?

Mermish

Hi guys! I got a thick lipped gouarmi the other day because my lfs had it labeled as a honey. I have a 20 gallon with ammano shrimp Kubotai rasboras and a honey gouarmi. I used to have 3 but I only have one now. I wanted another honey to keep her company which is why I purchased this fish. It is in quarintene now. I know HungriestPuffer had good experiences with them together. I just wanted to see if anyone else had tried it? I would want them to be companions for each other so if I had to get more Honey's or thick lips I don't think that would work out well with it with my tank size? Could the thick lip be to aggressive?

Chewbacca773

Hi guys! I got a thick lipped gouarmi the other day because my lfs had it labeled as a honey. I have a 20 gallon with ammano shrimp Kubotai rasboras and a honey gouarmi. I used to have 3 but I only have one now. I wanted another honey to keep her company which is why I purchased this fish. It is in quarintene now. I know HungriestPuffer had good experiences with them together. I just wanted to see if anyone else had tried it? I would want them to be companions for each other so if I had to get more Honey's or thick lips I don't think that would work out well with it with my tank size? Could the thick lip be to aggressive?
Generally, thick-lipped gouramis can be pretty aggressive, which is the issue that comes with them being mislabeled. It does also depend on the temperament of the individual fish, you might wanna take the thick-lipped back and try and find a honey gourami(s) because they are generally very peaceful fish.

Mermish

Generally, thick-lipped gouramis can be pretty aggressive, which is the issue that comes with them being mislabeled. It does also depend on the temperament of the individual fish, you might wanna take the thick-lipped back and try and find a honey gourami(s
20210912_212657.jpg) because they are generally very peaceful fish.
Okay, so I should definitely take her back then?

Chewbacca773

Okay, so I should definitely take her back then?
Yes, it would probably be your best option to try and find a honey instead

Similar Aquarium Threads

10 Gallon Tank Red honey/thick lip
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
Huckleberry77