Honey or dwarf?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by llfish, Nov 27, 2012.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Me again.

I was at my local lfs today and bought 2 of these little fellas. They were marked Flame Dwarf Gouramis, I looked at them and asked the lady if she was sure, because they looked like honey. She said yes when she got them instock that is what they were labeled as by the supplier and that they were juveniles. So I said ok ill get 2. I have been researching and to me they look like red honey gouramis. What do you guys think. And if they are honey should I get one more? And can anyone sex them? I will keep them either way they are adorable.

IMG-20121127-00355.jpg
    Shellbrook-20121127-00357.jpg
    Shellbrook-20121127-00362.jpg

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

They are Flame Honeys very nice looking too ;-) and looks like you have two males but they are still young but IMO they both look male

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

Sweet thank you;) I was thinking they are males too I hope they dont start scrapping they all looked the same at the store so I am guessing I may have too look for females.

4. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

When I get home I will look at the pics again cuz I am on my IPhone right now

5. OP
    OP
    llfish

sounds good thank you, they are so cute, chasing eachother alot.

6. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Yep, two male honeys! Pretty fish.

7. OP
    OP
    llfish

Do you think that 2 males will work in my 29g? I hope they dont start fighting. I guess if they do I can separate them. Also I would like a powder blue dward gourami...wondering if this would work or not.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  8. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, the two should work together in a tank that size. But definitely don't get a powder blue. Dwarf Gouramis would need a 29g all to themselves.

9. OP
    OP
    llfish

Sounds great Ill skip him. These honeys are adorable!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice