Honey=honey sunset=dwarf sunset?

FinalFins

Well there’s a couple things to consider. Honey gourami can be different from sunset honey gourami and dwarf honey gourami.

The name honey Gourami is commonly associated with Trichogaster chuna but however the species Trichogaster labiosa is also sold under the name honey gourami and most commonly sunset/sunset honey gourami. I’ve never heard the name dwarf honey gourami in trade however online some people describe dwarf gourami T. Ialius under the name dwarf honey gourami.

Species aside your question rather relies on the tank size and volume. The amount of gourami would depend on the species however. If you can specify the exact species (or a photo of the fish you intend to buy) and your tank size that would greatly help the answers that are given.

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

its a 25 hex, and I don't have a pic because I haven't even set up the tank fully yet, I'm just trying to plan stocking and want to know. Fishkeepingworld.com puts honey Gourami as in the family Osphronemidae.

Upvote 0

FinalFins

its a 25 hex, and I don't have a pic because I haven't even set up the tank fully yet, I'm just trying to plan stocking and want to know. Fishkeepingworld.com puts honey Gourami as in the family Osphronemidae.
The problem that I’m addressing is that theres multiple fish sold under the names you specified so you need to make it more exact to the species you want. And yes, they are in that family.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

The problem that I’m addressing is that theres multiple fish sold under the names you specified so you need to make it more exact to the species you want. And yes, they are in that family.
Finalfins emerged out from under his rock! :p

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

I don't know what exact spieces I want, I just read this article and thought they would be good for my tank:

Upvote 0

Lucy

You're welcome! It doesn't help that honeys ,dwarfs and thick lipped are given so many names based on color morphs and variations.

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

Wait, I just came across something called a dwarf honey red. is this a honey or a dwarf? Also, where is a good place to get them? They aren't avablie at my LFS

Dwarf Honey Red Gourami (Males)

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

I personally keep two golden honey Gouramis with my Celestial Pearl Danios and Endlers and they do really well together. They literally have no interaction and the honey gouramis are super chill.

Upvote 0

Hellfishguy

Wait, I just came across something called a dwarf honey red. is this a honey or a dwarf? Also, where is a good place to get them? They aren't avablie at my LFS

Dwarf Honey Red Gourami (Males)
The fish in the photo is not the true honey gourami. It's the red strain of the thicklip gourami, which can grow up to 4".

Upvote 0

GuppyOverlord11

The fish in the photo is not the true honey gourami. It's the red strain of the thicklip gourami, which can grow up to 4".
Cool, thanks. Could anyone here happen to reccomend places to get one?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Fanatic
  • Question
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views