Honey Gouramis Or Sparkling Gouramis Or Something Else?

toeknee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello all, my current 20 gallon long currently has 8 pepper corys, 7 harlequin rasboras and a dwarf gourami. I'm going to move the dwarf gourmai to a 15 gallon I currently have cycling....Not sure what; if anything, I will put in that tank with him. With the DG gone from the 20 long I want to replace him with something that can be kept in a group of 3. (one male two females) I'm undecided on what to replace him with. If I do sparkling gouramis could I potentially get 5 of them since they're so small? Any other suggestions welcome, preferably nothing too finicky. Suggestions on potential 15 gallon stocking with the DG welcome as well. thanks

penguin02

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Honey gouramis are much better than sparkling. Sparkling gouramis... they're very fragile IMO and they hide a ton. But maybe you'll have a better experience with them. I think the key is lots of hiding spots and low activity.

For the 15g.... maybe a small school of tetras or some livebearers (males or remove the babies). Cories are good too, but since you have those in the 20L you might want to try kuhlis or ottos instead

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom