Honey gourami with sorority?

• Thread starter FishGirl115
  • Start date

FishGirl115

Well Known
Can I put 2-3 honey gourami with a betta sorority? Or if not, what other fish? This is my planned stock as of now (will add to it if honeys are ok)
10-12 neon tetras
2 small plecos
6 female bettas (sisters)

Best Answer - View kattiq's answer

kattiq

Well Known
I personally would not keep honeys and bettas in the same tank. If I remember correctly from your other post you wanted to do 6 females in a 29. They inhabit the same areas of the tank and that tank probably wouldn't be big enough for all of them to be happy.
Also I would add plecos last, they messy and 2 might be a bit much with the other fish and just a 29g.
Again, this is my personal opinion on what I would and wouldn't do and I might be wrong about it being a 29g. Lol :)

FishGirl115

Well Known
kattiq said:
I personally would not keep honeys and bettas in the same tank. If I remember correctly from your other post you wanted to do 6 females in a 29. They inhabit the same areas of the tank and that tank probably wouldn't be big enough for all of them to be happy.
Also I would add plecos last, they messy and 2 might be a bit much with the other fish and just a 29g.
Again, this is my personal opinion on what I would and wouldn't do and I might be wrong about it being a 29g. Lol :)
It is a 29. sorry forgot to mention that. Okay. What other options do u think?

kattiq

Well Known
Did you want like a centerpiece sort of fish, or does it matter?
I would start with the original stock you wanted with the bettas, neons, and pleco (I'm assuming BN?) and see how it works. I've personally not had a ton of luck with neons but I think that's because of the type of water I have. Also I think it would be good to see how all the bettas get along first and then once they are happy and settled then go for some other options. I know when I stocked my 45 I slowly added more fish, but I also don't have temperamental fish like bettas :D Though I do love them they can be a little bit finicky with personalities as I'm sure you know!
I honestly think you could get maybe even a few more female bettas if you wanted and just leave it at that.

FishGirl115

Well Known
kattiq said:
Did you want like a centerpiece sort of fish, or does it matter?
I would start with the original stock you wanted with the bettas, neons, and pleco (I'm assuming BN?) and see how it works. I've personally not had a ton of luck with neons but I think that's because of the type of water I have. Also I think it would be good to see how all the bettas get along first and then once they are happy and settled then go for some other options. I know when I stocked my 45 I slowly added more fish, but I also don't have temperamental fish like bettas :D Though I do love them they can be a little bit finicky with personalities as I'm sure you know!
I honestly think you could get maybe even a few more female bettas if you wanted and just leave it at that.
Alright. Yes I was going for another "centerpiece"

kattiq

Well Known
Hmm, I mean I personally think the female bettas will be the centerpiece. I sort of did some research as well to see what I can find for you and I am not sure there are really many options since a lot of centerpieces could possibly be incompatible with the bettas. I did find this video though that had a sorority and some of the other fish you mentioned. I thought the tank look really neat and felt like you might could get some other ideas from it.

Top Bottom