Honey Gourami Tankmates

fishaholic87

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have a pair of honey gouramis and i was wondering if i could put a school of some type of danois in with them its a heavily planted twenty long with a sponge filter

TarielBlu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just set up a tank like that. I put in a school of pearl danios(Harlequin Rasboras). They are doing great together.

fishaholic87

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok thanks i have a group of 8 harlequins in my 40 gallon i could put in there with them

TarielBlu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sounds great. Good luck

candiedragon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TarielBlu said:
I just set up a tank like that. I put in a school of pearl danios(Harlequin Rasboras). They are doing great together.
Just curious if you meant both? They are two different species.

In any case, yes, Honey gouramis are quite peaceful and would do well in a community environment. So long as their tankmates aren't aggressive or a fin-nipping species, such as Serpae Tetra (sold under different names as well) and Tiger Barb, then it should work.

fishaholic87

Valued Member
Reaction score
i was more worried about tempature issues since i feel like most of them are low seventys

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Any schooling fish should be fine with honey gourami.

candiedragon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
fishaholic87 said:
i was more worried about tempature issues since i feel like most of them are low seventys
Mid 70s should be fine for both. Although now that I think about it, you wouldn't consider rasboras or tetras instead so you dont have too much activity in the upper water column?

TarielBlu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Celestial pearl danios is what I meant

fishaholic87

Valued Member
Reaction score
candiedragon said:
Mid 70s should be fine for both. Although now that I think about it, you wouldn't consider rasboras or tetras instead so you dont have too much activity in the upper water column?
I wanted a danio because the few ive kept have been easy to breed so when i move the honey gouramis into a breeding set up and fatten them up with live food i wanted a danio that could lay a couple eggs in they week or two that the honey gouramis were out of the tank

would danio tinwini work?

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score

imba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a single honey gourami in my 20 gallon, and he is with a group of celestial pearl danios, doing well.
I keep them at 23 degrees

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom