Honey Gourami Not Eating

jwde2009

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My new honey gouramis haven't eaten since I brought them home 5 or 6 days ago. I can't get them to come up for feeding or recognize that I'm trying to feed them. I let food float past them and fall to the gravel, where I'm not sure if they're getting it or not. Should I be worried? Any suggestions?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jwde2009 said:
My new honey gouramis haven't eaten since I brought them home 5 or 6 days ago. I can't get them to come up for feeding or recognize that I'm trying to feed them. I let food float past them and fall to the gravel, where I'm not sure if they're getting it or not. Should I be worried? Any suggestions?
Check your water perameters. They shoud be eating by now and they are not bottom feeders. You may try putting there food in and quickly walking out of sight and peep around the corner to see if they're eating. It may be a. Shyness problem. I have 5 angelfish and a couple of them won't eat unless I walk away from the tank immediately, I see them eat when I'm out of sight and peep around the corner. Are you feeding them flakes or pellet?

Jessi

Reaction score
My honey never leaves the bottom half of the tank for feeding time, though he is still active and eating during that time. But, as I said in my other post to you, he was not active at feeding time for a few weeks (about 2 I think). If there is food on the gravel or on decor I think the gouramis should be fine. As fin said, I would try to watch from a distance or around the corner and see if your fish are scavenging.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom