Honey Gourami Nipping My Corydoras

norlando097

Valued Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

So for a few weeks I had my honey gourami with my panda corydoras in a 10 gallon and all was good. I recently upgraded to a 20 long and this morning I woke up to find one of my cories with a big chunk out of its tail and it’s fins clamped. I then noticed the honey gourami going panda to panda and nipping at them. What should I do??

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
norlando097 said:
hey guys,

So for a few weeks I had my honey gourami with my panda corydoras in a 10 gallon and all was good. I recently upgraded to a 20 long and this morning I woke up to find one of my cories with a big chunk out of its tail and it’s fins clamped. I then noticed the honey gourami going panda to panda and nipping at them. What should I do??
My DG does the same thing, I believe (although not 100%) that one of my julii corys lost his tail to the gourami. It should heal up, do a water change to prevent infection and make sure the corys have somewhere to hide when the Honey Gourami gets nippy.

How many corys do you have?

norlando097

Valued Member
Reaction score
I feel so bad. I don’t want my gourami to hurt the others. I’m not that attached to him so I may see if my pet store will take him off my hands

Attachments

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
norlando097 said:
I feel so bad. I don’t want my gourami to hurt the others. I’m not that attached to him so I may see if my pet store will take him off my hands
Yeah that may be the best idea, is the cory still active and eating?

puffer boi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
honey gourami are very peaceful, are you sure its not dg, some fish stores can mess up...
can you send us a picture of the "honey gourami"

norlando097

Valued Member
Reaction score
puffer boi said:
honey gourami are very peaceful, are you sure its not dg, some fish stores can mess up...
can you send us a picture of the "honey gourami"
Just did

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wonder if its due to the gourami being introduced before the cories, thus the cories are in his territory. A rescape of the 20g may help, or a week 'time out' in a spare tank....

norlando097

Valued Member
Reaction score
aussieJJDude said:
I wonder if its due to the gourami being introduced before the cories, thus the cories are in his territory. A rescape of the 20g may help, or a week 'time out' in a spare tank....
The cories came first in the 10 gallon

norlando097

Valued Member
Reaction score
aussieJJDude said:
Also my pet store took the gourami and gave me 2 more cories in exchange

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom