Honey Gourami in QT - is this something to worry about?

1. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Does this look like a parasite? I got these honey gourami about a week ago and they are still in QT. It is fully cycled and I feed about 5 NLS pellets a day (5 in total NOT per fish). I never see them eat, but the pellets are always gone later.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466015820.430833.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466015835.635171.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466015851.210345.jpg

2. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

So not the best answer but my Betta used to get those all the time stringing off of him trailing around and they did go away whenever I treated for external parasites. I never confirmed that's what it was or what kind of parasite but the meds always made them stop appearing.

3. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

If that is his poop that it is a sign of parasites. I would maybe try prazipro to treat.

4. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Ok thanks all! I will start prazipro.

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Try to feed it some algae(wafer) as well.
    Check what comes out after that.
    It looks a bit bloated as well to me, so internal parasites could be

6. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Yeah i thought it looked bloated too but I read the females were stockier around the midsection. But I dont know if they are that stocky...

When I treat with Prazipro (Hikari Brand), do I just dose the tank once and let it sit in there for 5-7 days? That is what the instructions seem to indicate but I just want to make sure. I am about to do a water change since I won't be able to do one for at least 5 days once I dose.

7. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I would simply follow the instructions on the bottle. Maybe do two rounds of it just in case.

8. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Well the F had eggs and laid them today. I started a whole other thread about that. She is being aggressive toward the other female so she is now in a breeder box...

9. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

So does anyone else think it looks bloated? I have treated with Prazipro for 4 days now and they look the same. But one female did release eggs, so is it possible that they look bigger because they were filling with eggs? I really need to move these gals to the main tank soon because the male is being super aggressive in guarding the eggs (even though there are really no eggs left to guard). I have had them in QT for about 11 days now.

10. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Hoe is there pooh looking right now ?

11. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Pretty normal. Brown with occasional white strands. But mostly brown